Thursday, April 14, 2011

Introducing the Cast & Crew

I don't know how many times I find myself saying "Mom needs a glass of wine and some quiet time, guys!!", so what better title for the blog?

And without further ado (because odds are good I'll be interrupted anyways!), allow me to introduce the stars of the show.

Hannah is 10 years old, my firstborn. Very bright, she also lacks in common sense. I sometimes wonder how a child who is so quick to understand new concepts can miss the obvious. But then, she's blonde and takes after her father. Yup, that explains a lot!

Alyssa.... whoa.... Alyssa. At 8 years old, she suffers from classic middle child syndrome. She is also the child I was (cursed) blessed with when my mother yelled "I HOPE YOU HAVE A CHILD JUST LIKE YOU SOME DAY!!". Dark haired and dark eyed, she is the polar opposite of her sister in pretty much every way possible. Definitely my child.

Last but not least is the 5 year old Sutton. He is usually more levelheaded than either of his sisters but that may just be his age. He still likes to sleep with us more often than not and snores like a freight train. I see much of his father in him, yet me as well. Poor dude.

Co-Starring:
Roger, the father, my husband. We've been married almost twelve years and people still think it's a crazy story. He's a cradle robber according to his family, given that he is eight and a half years older than I am. He's also very introverted, although I'd like to think that's changed at least a little. Really though, he makes a heck of a fine chauffeur and pours a mean glass of wine.

The crew consists of a menagerie of animals. Our two Labs, Emma & Molly, are fat, old, and sweet. They do terrible things like eat entire loaves of bread, snore, and sleep a lot. We have four cats as well. Harry is 16 and grumpy. He meows his demands at me and I bow accordingly. Micah is 9 and very opinionated and loud. He has his opinion and will not hesitate to share it with you. Sam is 7 and likes to drool on my head. It's disgusting. Charlie is 1 and doesn't understand he is a cat. Orphaned before his eyes were open, he's now 20 pounds of what we're not sure. He's the kind of cat everyone likes. Too bad he doesn't like new people! Oh, there is also a guinea pig, Penelope. One of these days she's going to finally get old and die and there will be no more.

And the director of this whole shindig is me. I'm a not-yet 40 year old mom who teeters on the edge of insanity. I love my kids even though I'd like to kill them half the time, and thoroughly enjoy looking at the lighter side of things. If you can't laugh about it, it's not good. ;) I like to run (and yeah, I'm SLOW!), sew, read, knit, crochet, and sing, except I'm terrible at singing so I reserve that for my poor running friends. I'm also Canadian, which explains the drinking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment